Sunday 7 August 2016

My mission in the music industry---Bibi

Afro-soul singer, Bibi, did not disappoint dignitaries and guests that graced her official unveiling at live concert held in Lagos State as she thrilled them with special performances of her album entitled: ‘Jeje’, last weekend.
With good music and energetic displays, Bibi left an impression that will last for a while on her fans and friends who came out to watch her performance.

Bibi, a 17-year-old undergraduate of Redeemer University, proved her readiness to shine with her genre of music.

Speaking with newsmen at the event, she said her music, the drama and message were borne out of the desire to inspire and positively impact society.

‘‘I don’t just want to make money, I want people to sit and think whenever they are listening to my songs; even somebody who is about to commit suicide to listen and respond positively to the message I am communicating.

‘‘It is not about whether I am a gospel artist or not. I try to infuse spirituality in my sound to encourage, inform, entertain, impact my hearers including the elderls, fathers, mothers or children, so they can do right,’’ she said.

She added that her performance of Bob Marley’s track did not mean a tilt to activism, but essential communication and expression of her self.

No comments:

Post a Comment