Sunday 17 July 2016

God allowed people to hear my voice through music---Patoranking

Patoranking has been described by many observers of happenings in the music industry as the man of the moment and the Afro pop singer is living it up. He has released hit singles back to back. He has multiple endorsement deals. He’s also one of the judges of the ongoing  Airtel-sponsored music reality show, The Voice Nigeria.

The talks about the album have been around for some time and his fans have patiently waited to have a feel of what the Alubarika crooner has got to offer this time.

With less than three weeks to the release date, Patoranking has been talking about the new project that has kept him in and out of the studio.

The album which he called God Over Everything (GOE)  is coming at a time when the expectations from him are high and he has assured not to dissapoint.

Speaking on the journey so far, he said he doesn’t take things too seriously and would approach the new project with care.  “Music, for me, is a symbol of hope. I am just here to have fun. Music kept me going when my circumstances were bad. And now that I am here and God has allowed people to hear my voice, music is my celebration,” he said.

On what inspired the name of the album, “The album is a celebration of my surroundings, my friends, Fire Republikans, team and family. So, let’s have fun.”

Patoranking broke through in 2013 with the hit single Alubarika and is now being rated as one of Africa’s dancehall artistes with his unique fusion of reggae, dancehall and afrobeat.

Asked what his fans should expect from the album, he said “Expect the unexpected.”

No comments:

Post a Comment