Thursday 2 March 2017

Ebenezer Obey at 75: I’ve enjoyed rare grace

All the wonderful times I’ve spent with you will be sweet memories for the rest of my life.  You are my strength and inspiration…” This mien could best describe as the feelings of music legends, Evangelist Ebenezer Obey-Fabiyi, at the moment since the news of his upcoming 75th birthday celebration broke.

Speaking on how he feels, as he prepares to clock 75, Obey told Sky Entertainment: “I am delighted and grateful to God for this uncommon grace and privilege to have come this far. I can’t thank Him enough, because He is the reason behind my journey in life and my talent which grows from grace to grace. To me, it is a rare privilege and I owe God unlimited praises. Above all, I am grateful to God for the good life I have enjoyed as well as the fame. I also appreciate my fans all over the world and my entire family for their support.

“The activities marking my 75th birthday are not about jamboree, but to deeply appreciate God for the journey so far and also to leave a legacy behind. I look forward to an awesome event that will glorify God,” he added.

The Miliki crooner paid an inspection visit to Idogo town last Tuesday, to ascertain the readiness of the new Idogo community Police Post in Yewa-South Local Government Area of Ogun State, an initiative he described as part of his community give-back intervention projects to mark the commencement of his birthday celebration and the sixth posthumous birthday of his wife, Evangelist Juliana Olaide Obey-Fabiyi on March 23. He told R that all is set for his 75th birthday, as the planning committee would be officially inaugurated on Tuesday in Lagos.

Sky Entertainment also reliable gathered that there has been a slight adjustment in the event outlined to celebrate the ‘Life and Times’ of the music legend. The April 3 main event, earlier scheduled for Lagos, will now hold in Abeokuta, at the Obasanjo Presidential Library with an interdenominational service, packaged by the Ebenezer Obey Evangelistic Ministry and Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), official launch of the Ebenezer Obey Music Foundation and a reception.

It was also learnt that some friends and well-wishers are planning other activities, including public presentation of a book on the music legend, music compendium, among other events, billed to hold in Lagos subsequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment