Saturday 30 May 2015

My children will take after me —Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde

Popular Nollywood actress, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, fondly called Omo-Sexy has said she can see her trait in all her children claiming that “a lion cannot give birth to a rat”. Omotola stated this at the just held Unilever awareness programme on iron deficiency in women and children, at the Intercontinental Hotel, Lagos.
The brand ambassador of Knorr Cubes, a product of Unilever Big PLC revealed that “My children don’t have a choice, they have to take after me. A lion does not give birth to a rat. I have raised all my children to be conscious about activism and humanitarian duties. This explains the reason I brought my daughter out to participate in my activist programmes, and the social responsibilities, which have now become the hallmark of my career.

This is aimed at making my daughters a sort of encouragement to other young girls, who would in turn encourage their mothers to participate in a fight against the deadly anaemia,’’ she said after which she explained her reason for joining the fight against iron anaemia and how to combat the disease.
“My participation in this fight against anaemia is not for advert or publicity, it goes beyond that, it is a conscious effort. I am fighting to secure a place for women in the society. What I am standing for now is on how to ensure the safety of mothers of child bearing age. And we seek to achieve this through encouraging mothers to take more nutritious food, especially diets that contain iron. We wish to teach our mothers the essentially of adequate consumption of vegetables and other iron providing staple foods.  It should be a new way to cook our foods. It is not pretty much changing how to cook, but adding value to foods by adding vegetables to everything we take as meal. I trained all my children to cook. This is a norm in my home and now we will make it more nutritional by using iron fortified seasoning and consume more vegetables.
“I will encourage others to join me in this spirited fight against iron deficiency anaemia, and free our society from its grip,” she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment