Wednesday 11 November 2015

Why I featured Angelique in my new single—Omawumi


Singer-cum-songwriter, Omawumi Megbele a.k.a Omawumi, who recently unveiled her new website tagged: www.iamomawumi.com along with behind the scenes photos of her new music video which features Grammy award winner and African icon, Angelique Kidjo, has revealed that it was a dream come true featuring the award-wining artiste and activist in her new work.


Sky Entertainment learnt that this development was part of the Globacom brand ambassador's quest to stage her come back into the music scene with a bang after a long break.
 
Omawumi has been off the scene to nurse her baby after her safe delivery and overcoming the challenging periods of her pregnancy.

The 'Bottom Belle' crooner wrote on her newly launched website: "Thank you for joining me on the journey this far. The last few months has been a huge blessing. As you may have read, we welcomed our son, Fareed. I’m still basking in euphoria, but now I’m excited to get back to music."

"My new single introduces the coming together of Omawumi: with, wisdom, storytelling, laced in live music. It was a dream come true. I’m blessed with the opportunity to work with my idol, Angelique. Dreams do come true! I hope you enjoy, “Play Na Play, as much as I do," Omawumi stated.

No comments:

Post a Comment