Sunday 5 June 2016

Lepacious Bose receives award for weight loss


Nigerian female comedian, Bose Ogunboye, popularly known as Lapacious Bose, is currently experiencing a new lease on life after her incredible weight loss.


The former plus-size comedienne and actress, bagged a ‘Leading Woman Award’ during the week for inspiring others with her weight loss.

Bose, who embarked on a 2-year weight loss programme, moving from 195kg to 95kg after what she termed “a slowly, but surely” journey, has been inspiring her fans on social media with pictures of her new found body and life.
“These days I just love taking pictures, she wrote in one of her posts. “It’s amazing how far  I have come from acting like I love the camera to actually loving it”.


Bose, indeed continues to inspire her fans. “The journey of a thousand miles starts with one step, make a choice, start today, a little walk, a little exercise, a conscious healthier eating habit. It all comes together slowly but surely, you too can lose  that weight, let’s enjoy this journey together. Almost two years on this journey and I can’t stop smiling,” she also wrote.

 And speaking about the prestigious recognition award, which she shared on Instagram, Ms Ogunboye said she did not expect to be nominated or to win the award.

 “Indeed the stones the builders rejected can be the cornerstone. Over the years through my comedy career I have won so many awards and I kind of feel blessed and grateful. But to be nominated for this particular award is a deep blessing.

“I worked to lose weight for myself and I never expected to inspire anyone or make me a leading woman award winner. God is indeed a master planner.”

No comments:

Post a Comment