Sunday 20 September 2015

Obey, KSA mourn H.I.D Awolowo

By SEYI SOKOYA 
Music icons, Chief Ebenezer Obey-Fabiyi and King Sunny Ade have joined other eminent Nigerians to mourn the passing of the wife of the sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, Yeye Odua, Hannah Idowu Diedolu Awolowo. 
Chief Ebenezer Obey-Fabiyi, described the death of Mama H.I.D as a rude shock .
According to him, the death was even more painful because her centenary birthday celebration was less than two  months away. “We thank God that she lived a good life, because it is certain that it was her time.
“We have lost the mother of the nation. We are glad that she lived a  good life and played her motherly role very well. I know baba Awolowo will be happy with her,  because she kept his legacy and what he stood for. She has done her best and  I pray her soul rest in peace. 
 “I commiserate with the Awolowo dynasty. I will miss her”.   

In his word,  KSA said the joy about  Mama's death is that she lived a memorable and eventful life. Not everybody is lucky to live her kind of life, a dutiful wife to the sage, Papa  Obafemi Awolowo, who also held  the fort for years after Baba's death.

I believed God spared her life for long so that she could continue the political life of Baba for the Yoruba race.

Mama was warm and good to me on occasions I visited Baba Awolowo, first in1983 as PMAN president and later when we performed at his birthdays.

Sky Entertainment gathered that mama, aged 99,  died around 3.30 pm on Saturday after she held a family meeting,  ate and took a nap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment