Sunday 21 June 2015

Stop comparing me with Dagrin —Olamide

YBNL (Yahoo Boy No Laptop) owner and rapper, Olamide is currently  peeved with some of his fans who would not back down on their resolve to keep comparing him with the late rapper, Dagrin.
Olamide, who has never hidden his admiration and respect for Dagrin since the Wa Gba Kindo crooner's death some years back, poured out his mind in a series of tweets during the week.
The father of one, while responding to the purported claim by his fans who insisted that he would not have become rich and famous if Dagrin was still alive, is said to be in London currrently for a show. The unhappy rapper said those who keep comparing him with Dagrin should stop and find something more valuable to do with their time. His first tweet read: "Niggas should stop comparing Olamide with Dagrin, Remi or Chinko. I think they need to find another option".

He continued that his label,  YBNL, is not just a record label, but a movement that can never be stopped or halted, apparently responding to insinuations that his record label may not survive another five years as it is being speculated in some quaters.
"I have continued to say it that YBNL is not a record label but a movement. Streets must be heard. You all need to chill...I suffered a lot. I don't want to see any one else from the bottom to be dependent on me. YBNL is a movement".
Also reacting to talks doing the round about career of the artistes on his label, such as Lil Kesh, Viktoh and others, whom many people believe may soon dump, the Shakiti Bobo creator said he was not bothered about such talks, saying he already had plans for every member of hs team.
"Saying Kesh or Viktoh, or any one else is going to leave me is sh**ty to me. I want these niggas to be great, not to be slaves or dependent on me."
He said he only signed two years contract with all his artistes and his prayer for them is to become big in those two years and leave. " All the niggas I signed are on a two-year contract and when they are independent, my prayer is for them not to sign any deal with a record label", he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment