Tuesday 14 July 2015

My abduction story —Mandator

Reggae artiste, Victor Essiet, popularly known as the Mandators, has opened up on how he was allegedly maltreated by policemen who abducted him for  four days penultimate Thursday  in Akwa Ibom State during his brother’s funeral.
The Mandators, as he is known, commended the media for acting swiftly, forcing the security arm to describe as “abduction what was actually a kidnap”.
Victor told Sky Entertainment that the masked policemen were the same men who purportedly arrested and brutalised him last year. “They trailed me to Akwa Ibom to adopt me the second time, eventually preventing me from paying my last respect to my late brother,” he said.

Narrating his story to newsmen recently in Lagos, Mandators said “they came in convoy, numbering 15, and double crossed the vehicle conveying myself and other members of the family when we were going to bring the remains of the deceased to the family house.
“Two of them moved towards us, trying to identify one of us. On getting close, they got confused because my brother and I wear dread lock. One of them removed his mask so that he could clearly identify me. I was taken away to an unknown warehouse, but could hear their conversations,” Victor said.
“While trying to open the door to where I was, my hands were in  handcuff, one of the men hit my hand with a hard object. I was later taken to a platform where I was told to pull off my cloths. Not quite long, I overheard them that plans had changed. I think media report changed their plans to do something terrible to me, he alleged.
Victor said he recognised his persecutor. “The man mastermind my abduction because of the deal I was not involved in,” he revealed.
He, however, promised to be law abiding despite the ill treatment he received and also the threat made on his life until he gets justice in the court of law.
His lawyer, Mr Charles Lamo,  promised not to leave any stone un-turned in getting to the root of the matter.
Meanwhile, Mandators, who stated that his annual “Africa Meets Reggae” music festival is still on, condemned recent news about his reggae counterpart, Majek Fashek, that he was living a horrible life.
“The report is not true. Majek is in good condition. I am aware he is fine and healthy. The fact is just that he is a kind of person that doesn’t like to eat,” he said .

No comments:

Post a Comment