Saturday 2 April 2016

I’m a Kenyan girl with global dreams —Victoria Kimani

Kenyan-born Chocolate City singer, Victoria Kimani, has continued to put out more works and does not seem to be resting on her oars despite the misconceptions trailing her personality and career.

Speaking at the Gidifest2016 in Lagos, Kimani said she would continue to mix culture from different African cultures to suit her style of music. “ When I joined Chocolate City, I made it known that I wanted to be a pan-African brand. Which means my music is not going to be limited to just Kenya. I can move round and do my stuff. I was recently in South Africa and I’m exploring their music industry. I’m working on releasing my album in South Africa, Kenya and Nigeria as well. The album should be done later this year”.

Kimani, who has been described as the Lady Gaga of Africa, talked about the  similarities between them “this Lady Gaga thing is a very dramatic comparison to Victoria Kimani because I don’t wear ‘Meat Dresses’, I’m not in costume 24/7. I wear sexy clothes! Lady Gaga is an amazing artiste; she’s a huge person to be compared too. It’s an honour, but I do not see my brand in that way. But it’s cool though.

Anyone who studies me would know that we are two different artistes. I always encourage people to study who they are criticising or otherwise just stop,” she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment