Sunday 29 May 2016

Despite death threats, Saeon bounces back

Fast-rising female entertainer, Oluwaseun Omolara Oni, otherwise known as Saeon, who has kept a low profile has returned to the entertainment industry with a bang. Saeon launched her return with some revealing photo shoot.

Saeon said she is now confident and courageous to push her career forward in the industry.

Recounting her greatest challenge, in an open letter, she revealed that she had a couple death threats and tones of negative comments on her personality. She also lamented that she was lonely and had no support from anyone since she ventured into music.

The open letter detailed her experience in the industry, family disputes and the journey so far.

The letter read in parts: “I actually had a couple death threats and tonnes of negative comments sent my way. I pretty much was on my own. No one had my back. Not in public. I remember getting just two phone calls from a couple people I considered as friends but majority didn’t say a word.

It wasn’t like they were obliged to but it would have at least encouraged me. It was as though the entire industry was against me. It was one of the hardest experiences I’ve ever faced.”

No comments:

Post a Comment