Sunday 15 May 2016

What I do when someone breaks my heart —Vivien Ike


Actress, Vivien Ike, is the elder sister of the popular actress, Chika Ike. The actress has chosen to make a career in TV reality shows and acting. SEYI SOKOYA brings excerpts of her career and fashion preferences. Excerpts:

My principle about life
It is what I describe as godly principle or divine principle; the principle of having the fear of God. You have to be born again Christian, seek the kingdom of God and every other thing will be added unto you.

BackgroundI grew up in a home where family values lay in teaching the golden rule and practicing what we were taught. That golden rule, as my mum would say, is to treat others the way you would like to be treated. For me, that is true religion. Added to that, pray without ceasing and have faith in God.

My relationship with my sister, Chika Ike
We have an understanding relationship and treat each other with much love and respect.

Importance of my new reality show, ’Blind Tasters’Blind Tasters is a healthy competition that celebrates family values, promotes the concept of love, friendship, and cooking. It employs blind tasting as a means of evaluating, promoting, strengthening and rekindling the bond among people. This healthy competition involves seven contestants and seven blind tasters. These blind tasters could be family relations or friends of the contestants. The contestants are assigned to cook while the blind tasters are to identify their contestant’s dish. If they fail, they send their contestants to the danger zone where each of them has to identify whatever is presented to them. They do this with their eyes closed and noses clamped. Any contestant that fails the test goes into the elimination room to face a celebrity judge and two other judges. There, they are judged based on the presentation and taste of their food. The contestant with worst food is eliminated and the one that has the best food wins. The overall winner of the competition leaves with N2 million and a brand new car.

What stands the initiative out among other reality showsBlind tasters already speaks for itself as its format has been reviewed by top production companies. As I said earlier, it is a show that celebrates family values, which include: social, political, religious and work values. All these strengthen the bonds families have and help kids make good choices. I am confident that it will appeal to a broad demographic due to its varied content and entertainment value. For example, a mother can be the contestant and her seven year-old child can be her blind taster. The experience of the cooking competition is colorful, fun and rewarding. It is not about financial reward aspect, but fixing broken relationships, restoring peace, trust and unity among families and friends. For me, there are two relationships that really matter­–our relationship with God and relationship with your family.

How this initiative will contribute to the country’s economyCreativity is important for economic growth and development. As a result of this, my focus has always been to create wealth by promoting a creative economy.  Everything in this world begins with a simple idea and this has created job opportunities and generated income, thereby contributing to the development of countries. The reality show is not different in the sense that it is a brilliant idea that has the potential of doing the same thing which will generate income and create job opportunities.

InspirationCreativity inspires me because it breaks down walls and dissolves fear. It boosts one’s self-esteem and makes one begin to see one self as a creative genius.

My mentorI am a perfectionist. So, I will go for Jesus, because He is perfect. But if you had to rephrase the question and ask me the ones I truly admire, I would not mince words when I say Steve Jobs and Oprah Winfrey. I love people that think different and also those that are cheerful givers.

Favourite quoteI have two favourite quotes. The first one is ‘your purpose begins and ends with God’. While the other one is ‘I’d rather sweat and smile now than smile and sweat later.’
My goalsBy His grace, my production company, ‘Vivien Ike productions limited’ will produce more shows, movies, documentaries and more in the future. My team and I strongly believe that greatness lives here and we are determined to prove it.

Lesson life has taught meLife has taught me to walk by faith and not by sight.

My ideal manHe must be God-fearing and be in alignment with his purpose and mine.

Definition of styleI believe I fall under the classy-chic umbrella. It is timeless, effortless and elegant. I consider myself a stylish person not a fashionable person.  A fashionable person follows trends closely because he/she is concerned about keeping up with the latest fashion trend, while a stylish person keeps an eye on fashion and only takes what he/she feels has that timeless appeal and is appropriate. For me, it has always been about the fit and not the trend because trends come and go, making it hard to keep up, but I applaud those who can.

Fashion item that takes a large part of my wardrobeThat has to do with jumpsuits. I love it to a fault because it is simple and classic on me.

Fashionista I admireRita Dominic has a good sense of style.

Misconception of fashionI think people, especially ladies, should be mindful of what fashion really entails. We need to get things right. A trendy fashion idea or item doesn’t mean it fits or will look good on you. We as women should not follow trends at all times, but be independent and creative with our choices. Try getting something ordinary and make it extraordinary.

Movies I have feature inThey include: ‘Monster Under My Skin’ and ‘Lost Trust’ produced by Chioma Okoye, and directed by Ekenna Igwe. Also, Different Women produced by Lisa Onu and directed by Iyke Odife. I would describe the character I played in ‘Lost Trust’ was the most challenging. I was a mediator, whose only plan was to cause havoc and destroy my friend’s home. I was thrilled about my first role, but then I put myself in the other characters’ shoes and I became moody. So, to avoid falling deep into depression, I reminded myself that it was just a character and it would never be me. The most interesting thing about acting is that I get to play or act out other peoples’ lives and learn from that experience.  

How I cope with stardom
The best way to cope with it is to always remember where I came from, the reason I am doing what I am doing and achieving my dreams; more importantly, to make other people’s dreams come true.

How I handle heartbreakHeartbreak comes in different forms, but the best way to deal with such is to learn from it and move on. What doesn’t kill you only makes you stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment