Saturday 22 August 2015

Mercy Aigbe distances self from Facebook accounts

Nigerian actress, Mercy Aigbe-Gentry has distanced herself from spam Facebook accounts operated by impersonators in her name on the social network.

It was brought to the thespian’s notice that fraudsters who pose as her representatives have robbed unsuspecting followers of the actress of valuables and other personal belongings with the intention of fixing a date with the actress.

Speaking on the development, the award wining actress disclosed that she operates no Facebook account and urged
members of the public to stop relating with anyone who poses as her representative via any of the 67 Facebook accounts in her name.

She had said: “I have received calls from different sections of the public that I run a film school and a modeling agency where people have to pay to be part of. Some unsuspecting members of the public have paid large amount of money to these fraudsters who are only bent of swindling them of their hard-earned cash.

“A young lady recently walked into my MAG DIVAS office, insisting she paid N25, 000 into my account for an ushering job I posted on my Facebook page for a mega event on August 16. Another scenario was a call from a fan that he paid in N3000 into my account for the delivery of the prize he won after answering questions on the films I have worked on. The public should stop relating with anyone claiming to be me on Facebook because I don’t run any of the 67 accounts,” she added.

No comments:

Post a Comment