Wednesday 12 August 2015

Ooni's transition: Nigeria has lost a great monarch, Obey says

Evangelist Ebenezer Obey-Fabiyi described the ancestral call of the late Oba Sijuwade as a rude shock, adding that the entire nation will greatly miss the royal father.

“Nigeria has lost one of its greatest monarchs. To Nigerians, we have indeed lost a father and to the Yoruba race, we have lost an important royal father who is the first born of Oodua according to the history,” he added.
The evergreen musician told Sky Entertainment that he believed that the royal father had fulfilled his assignment on earth.

Obey said he would personally feel the absence of Ooni, whom he revealed was a lover of his music, even many years before he ascended the throne.

He recalled that his relationship with the late monarch came a long way, adding that he would not easily forget his loving memories and impact in his life.

“It was my band that played at his coronation as the Ooni of Ife. He and his chiefs honoured and spent quality time with me when I celebrated my 70th birthday.

“When I came into the ministry, he housed my evangelistic crusade team for the one week Ife City crusade organised by my ministry. I also recorded two albums for him which he dearly appreciated,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment