Wednesday 12 August 2015

Popular actor, Abija cries to Nigerians for help

Popular Yoruba movie star, Tajudeen Oyewole, a.k.a Abija, has called on Nigerians to come to his aid so as to regain his fading stardom which is gradually affecting his life negatively.  

It was gathered that Abija's situation became worsen when he almost lost his life in an auto crash eight years ago which also led to his absence in film making. Report also had it that the many challenges of the popular "warlord" actor in movies has led him to begin to live from hand to mouth

The respected actor in a recent interview in one of the national dailies, lamented over his present situation and has called on Nigerians for help in other to actulaise his remaining dreams, adding that, “I want Nigerians to help me in my career. I need sponsors. I am not a greedy person. I believe in Allah. People interestingly call me Alhaji, although I am yet to visit Mecca. The only car I own was condemned in that accident. As I speak, it probably would have been towed away by government agencies.
I will appreciate every help that comes my way."

Despite all his fame, Abija revealed that it hasn’t translated to money. “I am not rich; I don’t have a roof over my head, which is part of measuring one’s wealth in this part of the world; I don’t even have a land. And it’s not because I am not serious or that I’m a prodigal son; the money realised from acting is just not much, or even enough, as people out there or our fans think. I am prudent and I have only one wife. But having said that, I cannot say that I am not a rich man, because I have children in the  higher institutions, although I may not be rich in cash.”

No comments:

Post a Comment